Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
We are a specialist contractor operating in a niche construction market. We design, supply, and install bespoke finishing elements of cladding, mostly to large national building contractors and developers working in the new-build multi-storey residential market. We call this "Statement Cladding".
Do you want to make an impact as the Finance Manager of a small business with great opportunities for growth? We are looking for an ambitious, analytical, and qualified person to join our Management Team, reporting directly to our General Manager. You will take care of the day-to-day upkeep of our financial and non-financial records, but truly deliver value with the analysis and foresight that an excellent Finance Manager will bring to the team.
The Finance Manager will assist the General Manager and the Management Team with timely financial records, reporting, analysis, and forecasting, both for internal and external purposes, ensuring that accounting, budgeting, tax and audit activities operate properly. They will seek out opportunities to improve profitability and reduce risk, both in their own role as Finance Manager and across the team, working with owners, managers and staff at all levels.
- Join and contribute to Management Team meetings
- Assess and advise on issues across the business from a financial and data perspective
- Maintain the purchase, sales and general ledgers
- Produce management accounts for the General Manager and Board to monthly deadlines
- Produce financial and non-financial analysis, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare all financial reports and statements required by the business
- Manage our portfolio of business insurances
- Create and maintain a budget and controls for overhead expenditure
- Create and manage budgets and forecasts including revenue, cash flow and work in progress
- Lead the development of system and business processes surrounding the finance function
- Create and maintain dashboards of key performance indicators across the business
- Meticulous, mathematical mind-set, able to interpret and manipulate data
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Able to understand and use company-wide data for management decision-making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to clearly present, explain and teach about financial reports and concepts
- Discerning assessment of accounting controls for improvement
- Advanced spreadsheet skills for analysis and reporting
- Ability to function well in a team
- A hands-on approach
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience as a Finance Manager, or reporting to a Finance Manager and ready to move up
- Qualification in management accounting e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Construction industry experience will be an advantage
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV/Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Manager, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Manager, Accounts Supervisor, Finance Coordinator, Accounts Coordinator, Management Accountant, Group Finance Officer, Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Group Accountant, Finance Officer, Financial Controller, Head of Accounts, Head of Finance, Finance Specialist, ACA, CIMA, ACCA will all be considered.