Description of Clinical Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the healthcare visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; administering medications; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking EKGs; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and The Joint Commission standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Certified Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
· Understanding of medical and disease concepts and how they apply to patient care
· Knowledge of medical environment and medical safety standards
· Medical procedural and clinical documentation skills (phlebotomy, x-ray, EKG, spirometry, etc.)
· Ability to learn and utilize medical equipment and electronic health record system
CareFirst Medical Associates focuses on optimizing the healthcare management of patients and providing affordable access to medical care within the community. We are looking for ambitious staff members to help market and convey our values and principles to patients, companies, and any organization affiliated with CareFirst Medical Associates. Our mission is to provide quality healthcare in an efficient and cost-effective manner and we and looking for qualified personnel to help carry out this charge.
Role: Bilingual Medical Assistant
Apply for this job now.