COMPANY: CLC CAR SALES LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £17,000 per annum based on experience
We are a unique finance company providing specialist lending services in the vehicle sector. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing good growth and success.
We are recruiting a Trainee Underwriter to join an expanding team processing secured lending products. This will include assessments of customers’ applications, risk-based lending decisions, and adhering to FCA guidelines, TCF and internal policies.
Working as a Trainee Underwriter, you will progress through to full Underwriter through our tools and training. Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail in order to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Assist underwriting new applications in line with credit risk policy and individual mandate level
- Take responsibility and manage applications from point of application to completion
- Make underwriting recommendations to line manager where mandate level is exceeded.
- Assess customers’ background, credit report and financial status, including an affordability assessment
- Undertaking due diligence on all clients
- Ensure that applications are processed within set service standards and in line with key performance indicators
- Adhere to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements, FCA guidelines, Money Laundering, prevention of Financial Crime, data protection etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and well under pressure
- PC Literate with Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Salary: From £17,000 - £20,000pa based on experience.
Hours: Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm and alternative Saturdays 9am – 5pm
We are a fast-growing company with customer focus at our centre. If you are looking for a professional role within personal finance without the commute to London working alongside a great team, then please apply below.
Candidates require a clear credit check and full DBS.
Role: Trainee Underwriter
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wickford, South East
Apply for this job now.