Level 2 SOC Analyst (SC Clearance) - 6 Month Initial contract - Stevenage (OR Bristol)
A Level 2 SOC Analyst is required to work for a leading organisation within the defence sector as a senior escalation point within our Security Operations Centre (SOC) whilst also leading on threat intelligence gathering, incident response and vulnerability analysis. This role is offered as a six month contract working onsite either at the Stevenage or Bristol site.
- Supporting a range of operational security managed services for the client.
- Ensuring compliance to security frameworks such as: NIST, Cyber Essentials, PSM and ISO27001
- Develop incident response run books and formalise internal processes.
- Assisting in the definition of analysis procedures and protocols
- Investigating client malicious incidents and providing a full report on findings
- Analysing log data from various sources
- Write, modify, and fine tune, SIEM rulesets for improved alerting and reduction of false positives.
- Coordinate with other departments to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (eg intrusion detection/protection systems, anti-virus, and content blacklists) for specialised applications.
- Participate in compliance / vulnerability assessment scanning, and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings
- Document information security operations policies, processes and procedures.
- Circa 3-5 years SOC experience at 2nd line level
- Strong understanding and experience of the following SIEM systems and other cyber-security technologies: Darktrace, Logrhythm and FireEye (Essential)
- Security incident management experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Desirable: ObserveIT, Splunk, MessageLabs, IronPort
- Stakeholder management / VIP Support
- CISSP OR CISM (Desirable)
- SC Clearance / SC Cleared / Security Clearance
- The role is inside of IR35
- The role is for an initial 6 months with view of multiple extensions
- The role is based in Stevenage OR Bristol
- Loose 3 days late (11am - 7pm), 3 days early ( 7am - 3pm) & 3 days off
- Due to the nature of the client's industry you will need to have SC Clearance or be eligible
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Nicholas Hopkins, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.