Production Supervisor - x2 vacancies. (Full time hours worked over 4 days Mon to Thu)
Founded in 1972, Ingimex is the UK's largest manufacturer of light commercial vehicle bodies for many of the leading chassis manufacturers. With the ability to fully design, test and manufacture our aluminium based products in house, we produce over 3000 vehicle bodies each year. With a strong emphasis on design, we are always working to improve existing products as well as expanding our product range.
Quality is of the utmost importance to our company and our team of approximately 57 employees prides itself on the exceptionally high standards of safety, function and finish achieved through our manufacturing systems and processes. All facilities, from design to after sales support, are completed under one roof at our purpose-built factory in Telford, Shropshire.
The Role - Production Supervisor
Reporting to the Managing Director, as a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our manufacturing systems and processes, effectively managing and overseeing up to 38 colleagues on the shop floor to ensure planned output is achieved and targets are met.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Being responsible for opening the site and setting up machines
- Checking daily schedules and allocating team members to tasks
- Supervising colleagues on the shop floor, identifying training needs and implementing job rotation schemes
- Ensuring compliance with daily checks
- Maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping and quality
- Participating in process improvement activities
Our Requirements - Production Supervisor
- Proven supervisory experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead and motivate others
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure
As a Production Supervisor, you'll benefit from a supportive working environment, where you'll be encouraged to have a voice and bring fresh ideas to the table, whilst benefitting from:
- A salary in the region of £30,000 to £38,000, with the level dependent on experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent contract, working 43 hours per week which will be completed over 4 days, Monday to Thursday, 6:30am to 5:45pm, with Fridays off
All applications for this Production Supervisor vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.