Job Description Job #:
Apex is looking for a Full-Stack Developer in Fairfax, VA. If you are interested in this position please send your most updated resume to #removed#
Immediate need for full-stack developers for large federal client in Arlington, VA. Resources will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The full-stack Applications Developer (AD) will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the program. The developer must work with web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The AD will work as a technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc).. Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
- Experience in full-stack development, to include Java and/or C# and .Net experience, expertise with object oriented programming concepts
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences, excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- AWS certification
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Virtualization/Containerization working experience
- Experience with the following:
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team, scrum master role
- Experience in Model View Presenter or Model View Controller design patterns
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
- provided by Dice