A property management organization in Laguna Woods is searching for an Operations Specialist to work in their Building Maintenance Department. This individual assists with coordination of in-house services and services provided by vendors and contractors, schedules appointments, gives information to callers, prepares written communications, reviews reports, maintains data and records files and otherwise relieves supervisor of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail; and performs related work as required. Work involves regular contact with other divisions, departments, residents, vendors, contractors and the public.
This is a temp to hire opportunity. The hours are Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM. The pay is $18 an hour.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments for Operations Supervisors and/or Coordinators. Assists with the coordinating, scheduling, and tracking of union personnel, inspector and contractor work activities. Processes work orders for outside contractor work. Maintains records of inspection findings, work orders, and contractor work completions. Reviews, codes and compiles vendor/contractor invoices for approval by supervisor/manager. Prepares documentation to obtain public agency permits.
- Visits sites within the Community to observe and report on property conditions. Gathers material for reports, forms, and summaries; checks against records to secure complete and accurate information. Under direction, prepares requisitions for contractor services, materials and equipment.
- Takes notes and transcribes into letters, reports, memorandums, and other material. Composes and types form letters of a standardized nature for review by a superior. Types a variety of materials from draft copy, notes or detailed instructions.
- Maintains office files, posts data to records, compiles and computes data from files and other sources in preparing complex reports. Prepares and maintains moderately complex fiscal, operating and other records.
- Provides information to the public concerning rules, regulations and activities of operations departments. Refers difficult and unusual problems to an appropriate supervisor.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of agendas and supporting materials for department staff and safety meetings. Takes notes, transcribes and distributes minutes and related information.
- Works effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others; keeps commitments; keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; respects the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Maintains appointment schedules, screens and refers callers, and provides detailed responses to information requests about programs and activities.
Graduation from high school supplemented by courses in business. Experience in dealing with the public in a business environment, keyboarding and clerical work or any equivalent combination of education and experience which produces the following:
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the job.
- Knowledge of PC and applicable software programs.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and construction practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks during the workday.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management and the public.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and answer questions from records.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and explain rules and regulations.
- Ability to take notes and transcribe rapidly and accurately
- Ability to relate to the needs and concerns of senior citizens.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public and to deal with public relation problems courteously and tactfully.
Role: Office Operations - Residential Maintenance Dept
Location: Laguna Woods,
Apply for this job now.