This three to six-week placement will give you an insight into what a career at Deloitte could mean for you. Immerse yourself in our business and discover your interests and motivations. Impress us and you could end up with a permanent role when you graduate.Requirements & Qualifications
You will need to be in your penultimate year at university studying towards a 2:1 in any degree discipline at a UK University and due to graduate in September 2020, as well as achieved at least 260 UCAS points for your A levels (or equivalent), at least a grade 4 (C) in English language and at least a grade 6 (B) in Maths in your GCSEs (or equivalent).
Please note that the 'Summer Vacation Scheme' in our Channel Islands offices are open to both school (penultimate year) and university (all years) students.Your opportunity
Each of our four Audit & Assurance businesses offers fascinating engagements, inspirational colleagues, and every opportunity to explore, develop and grow. The difference is in the type of clients you'll work with.
Your professional experience
- Private markets: Want to work with some of the UK's most dynamic privately owned companies in a role that goes beyond auditing? Private Markets gives you the unique opportunity to work directly with company owners across all aspects of their business - supporting them on their journey to becoming a listed company.
- FTSE: You'll work with some of the world's most recognisable brands; those publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange. In FTSE timing is everything; these firms are leading the business agenda in the UK and your work will have the potential to impact their performance right across the investment community.
- International: You'll work closely with colleagues and clients across the world, from US to Japan to Africa and beyond, on everything from audit to post merger assurance. This complex, intellectually challenging work, comes with opportunities to build senior level, global networks.
- Financial Services: Specialise in the insurance industry, working with a diverse range of clients from key players to the industry's rising stars. With digital transformation top of the agenda, you'll go beyond providing audit and assurance, to finding new ways for clients to improve how they work.
As a Summer Vacation Scheme student in Audit & Assurance you'll get to work with and learn from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with clients to develop innovative audit strategies, working on internal and external audits, accounting advisory and regulation assurance and advisory. You can expect early responsibility and training to provide you with building your knowledge of Audit & Assurance.Your service line: Audit & Assurance
Our work underpins the accuracy of the information shareholders use to make key financial decisions. Working with influential multinationals, innovative start-ups and household names, in every sector, we really get to know our clients' businesses, so we can help them improve how they work.About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
What do we do?
- To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
- Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
- The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
- A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
- At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
- Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
- We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Applications for our Summer Vacation Schemes will close on a rolling basis when we receive enough applications. We therefore advise that you apply as soon as possible so that you don't miss out on securing a role.
Role: Audit & Assurance, Summer Vacation Scheme
Job Type: Placement, Permanent, Full Time
Apply for this job now.