Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Job Specification This position will be responsible for the Business Analysis and Agile Product Ownership across a variety of initiatives with an initial focus in our News Services, News Consumers, and Video solutions.
- Take high level epics and deliverables and work with product management teams to turn them into well-defined requirements and use cases
- Working with architecture, map these requirements and use cases across a collection of services or define new services needed to meet the requirements. Identify dependencies we have on other technology and content teams.
- Able to understand systems and products that our systems interact with - investigate their interfaces and use cases to ensure we provide the right services for their applications and customers
- Develop a deep understanding and act as an SME for our consumers across media-types for news, with a particular focus on Text & Video solutions
- Refine epics into user stories and acceptance criteria that can be feed into our scrum teams for delivery working with product and/or UX teams to ensure the product vision is well understood ahead of sprints
- Work with external service providers for the delivery and ongoing support of platform components provided by third parties
- Work with information architecture to enhance our information model to meet new customer needs
- Work with product management to ensure our knowledge base is kept in sync with our new service and product releases
- Carry out data/content analysis to understand the impact and value of enriching our content with new metadata and analytics services
- Carry out gap analysis with product management to help determine product portfolio strategies - for example, identifying what is needed in strategic products ahead of obsolescence plans
- Championing an ever improving agile delivery method across technical and product groups
- Communicating clearly and concisely with a variety of stakeholders on the direction of the services and status of the deliveries
- 7 + years experience in business analysis and experience with agile product owner roles
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering, analysis and specification
- Extensive experience working on projects from inception to implementation - understanding how formally and informally a business analyst can support all groups and processes in project delivery
- Sound understanding of technology platforms and Agile delivery methodologies
- Proven ability to work with globally distributed teams in direct-reporting and matrix environments
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management, business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to work in a flexible manner, considering the global nature of the role and working with teams across many time zones
- Experience with Video & Media technology platforms
- Experience on collaboration platforms like JIRA
- Drive, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
We care about benefits too.
- Experience in News/Media preferable
- Experience in Financial Markets preferable
- Experience in mixed disciplines across business analysis, system analysis, product management or project management
- Knowledge of multi-media news production, archiving, search, metadata and delivery
- Experience delivering fully resilient, distributed technology solutions
- Experience as Product Owner in scrum teams
- JIRA, Confluence and MS Office
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Lead Business Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Nottingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.