The Floor Manager Trainee is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned floor, including but not limited to employee weekly scheduling, employee development and customer service. He/She will oversee the service on the floor optimizing profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the assigned floor.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, dining areas and surroundings. Ensuring compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuing consistent high quality service
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness and readiness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback and establishing performance expectations.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that assigned floor is staffed appropriately for all shifts.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Two (2) years’ restaurant management experience required
- Proficient in the following restaurant functions: food Preparation, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must be self-disciplined and possess leadership and be outgoing.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with a diverse staff.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
Located on Historic North Beach in Corpus Christi, Texas, Fajitaville is the only restaurant in the area offering beachside bar service, games, a private beach area and an outdoor stage. Recently, we have made appearances in both state and local newspapers for our addition of the region's only beachside ferris wheel, a nod to the history of north beach in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's!
Role: Floor Manager Trainee
Location: Corpus Christi,
Apply for this job now.