Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 1 Year
Performs work order creation and completion activities in the ESD module of SAP to ensure the accuracy of records used to construct, maintain and operate the company's gas delivery system; analyzes and corrects errors produced in the ESD module of SAP; executes activities related to the Accounts Receivable Other (ARO) process and other related administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Inputs construction and maintenance information into SAP and/or Mobile Data, initiates customer billing, creates follow-up orders, updates order information, and communicates order information to field operations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of company records.
• Receives, analyzes, interprets, calculates, verifies the accuracy and completeness of ESD work orders, customer invoicing and other related documentation.
• Completes ESD orders in SAP and/or Mobile Data to ensure accuracy and integrity of materials management.
• Reviews work orders and time charges in SAP for accuracy, DOT compliance and completeness.
• Contacts customers to obtain pertinent information to support the work order process or information inquiry.
• Maintains current knowledge of department and company information regarding pricing and other general knowledge.
• Handles routine aspects of the Accounts Receivable Other (ARO) process as it relates to non-commodity charges.
• Assigns work orders to vendors and approves/pays contractor invoices while collaborating with Contract Services.
• Maintains the archival recordkeeping process and partners with other work groups, such as SAP, FileNet, Mobile Data and GIS to ensure that records are maintained to document the gas delivery system and to comply with federal, state and other regulatory bodies
Requires a high school education or the equivalent knowledge of English, basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculation of fractions and/or percentages), grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience in one or more of the following areas: natural gas operations, SAP, support function, or at least two years of equivalent experience. An associate's degree may be substituted for experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of natural gas distribution system operations
• Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of SAP and SAP's work environment (including ESD)
• Able to demonstrate basic analytical and problem solving skills and make sound decisions
• Able to demonstrate working knowledge and proficiency with PC's, mobile data and SAP, including SAP transactions for leak management, reporting, maintenance, work order origination and completion
• Able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
• Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, activities and deadlines effectively
• Able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Able to adapt quickly and respond well to changing priorities
• Able to demonstrate and apply strong customer service skills
• Able to use personal computer software proficiently, such as word, excel and electronic mail
• Able to handle confidential information with discretion
• Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or minimal amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
• Able to operate a personal computer proficiently
• Able to view terminal for extended periods of time
• Able to sit for long periods of time
• Able to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone and other office equipment
• Able to work in a normal office environment
• Able to travel to other locations
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines or manage emergency situations
• Able to work extended hours (scheduled and/or unscheduled, nights and/or weekends) occasionally, as needed or required to meet established deadlines
Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
Since 1970, we have been bringing the energy industry's people and projects together. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we strive to be the premier choice for energy job opportunities around the world. We are industry experts and have worked with the leading EPC, Operating and Service companies on upstream, midstream and downstream developments. Today, we have operations in over 20 countries supported by key regional offices in Brazil, Canada, Romania, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. Over the last 40+ years, we have developed our services to encompass more than recruitment and job placement to ensure our employees enjoy a successful and rewarding career. We focus on delivering superior recruitment and employee management, global mobility and project life-cycle solutions.
Whether you have a background as an Administrative Assistant, a Mechanical Engineer or a Piping Designer, your energy expertise is needed at G.A.S. Global. We want you to be a part of the G.A.S. Global team.
Role: GIS Technician
Apply for this job now.