We are looking for a qualified general carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and metal structures according to specifications. Candidate should have experience with, but not be limited to, framing, drywall, wood structures/cabinets, flooring, demo and containment's. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood, framing, drywall, flooring and other carpentry materials.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Construct wood frames, doors, wall framing (metal & wood), drywall and flooring
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build structures for temporary protection or containment by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofing’s or drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- At least 2 years’ experience as carpenter preferred
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using hand and power tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
We are looking for candidates for long term ongoing work in the metro area and provide all our employees with:
- Company provided PPE!
- Benefits & PTO are available!
- Flexible scheduling! Own your own business but have some downtime? We can fill in the gaps. Looking for longer term work throughout the year? No problem!
- $17-$30 DOE
Are you ready to become part of a growing team, working directly with some of the areas most respected contractors? If so, please send your resume, call or text us at 763-657-3400
PeopleReady is a branch of Trueblue a publicly traded company; will help you find the jobs you want, by matching your skills, experience and preferences. Our recruiters and branch staff get to know you and become your career coaches.
We have jobs in a variety of industries with some of the largest companies and most influential brands. We’ll work with you to assess your skills and discuss your dreams. You’ll never pay a fee for our services.
PeopleReady is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law. If required, candidates must be willing to submit to a formal criminal background check and drug screen prior to placement.
Role: Minnesota Skilled Carpenters
Apply for this job now.