GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Responsible for safe day-to-day operations of quality clinic, and activities related to the inspection of company's products and processes. Work independently or as a team member, under the supervision of cognizant authority in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet quality and scheduled goals of the company.
- Responsible for Day to Day Operation of Quality Clinic:
- Checking parts in
- Checking parts out
- Maintaining metrics for Clinic
- Interpreting nonconformance dispositions
- Performing transactions in SAP to accomplish a-c.
- Maintaining organization within the Clinic
- Responsible to work independently:
- Coordinate multiple priorities
- Meet goals for accuracy of work
- Meet goals for response times
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders.
- Schedule and hold meetings to address repetitive nonconformances
- Schedule and hold meetings to address returned goods.
- Drive Improvement:
- In Clinic processing
- In Returns Processing
- In hand offs to and from the Clinic
- Perform routine and complex inspection and quality activities involved in the manufacture and development of products and processes, dimensional layout inspection and 'first article' verification;
- Provide technical input in areas that involve process inspection methods and acceptance criteria to Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing;
- Collect data for SPC applications;
- Learn and develop hands-on proficiency with composite inspection processes utilized by the company;
- Perform inspection activities involved in the manufacturing of products and processes;
- Follow written and verbal instructions, engineering drawings or sketches;
- Participate in the operation of and compliance with all safety, hazardous material handling and disposal requirements in accordance with government regulations and company procedures;
- Perform Process and product audits;
- Prepare inspection reports, document observations such as non-conformances;
- Communicate ideas, problems and suggestions to supervisory authority;
- Maintain a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with all internal, customer and government regulations;
- Comply with Human Resources policies in a manner that is fair and equitable for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization and a safe workplace;
- Fully comply with the Company "Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the government including ensuring any subordinate staff is aware of the Company policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with this procedure;
- Perform other assignments and tasks as directed;
Qualification & Skills
- High School, GED or technical school graduate
- MUST BE U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 year of experience in hands-on operational quality;
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions;
- Willing and able to perform a wide range of physical activities, some requiring fine manual dexterity;
- Ability to communicate job problems to a supervisor;
- Ability to recognize discrepancies on materials or processes;
- Ability to work from sketches and use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers and vernier gages;
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions and its application to use sketches and measuring instruments are required;
- SA/ERP Experience Desired.
- Must be willing to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Specific Vision abilities required; including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus with a specific requirement for corrected vision at 20/25 or better;
- Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facilities and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., using proper lifting techniques.
GKN Aerospace is a global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. We operate in three main product areas: aerostructures, engine components/sub-systems, and special products. We are over 11,500 employees strong with 32 locations in 9 different countries.
GKN Aerospace Cromwell was established in 2003. Our site specializes in the design and manufacture of composite assemblies for both military and commercial applications using innovative and cutting edge technologies.
Role: Quality Clinic Coordinator
Apply for this job now.