Group Quality Manager - £50,000 to £65,000 + Package - Milton Keynes - Automotive
Principal People are delighted to have been retained by a 1st tier Automotive supplier to identify a new Group Quality Manager to operate across two businesses within the group.
The companies have been in business for over 150 years combined and supply pressed component parts and welded assemblies to a number of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) across the UK and internationally.
This role will be to lead the quality function across two businesses, reporting in to the Managing Director of the business and leading a team of 5 direct reports that will report in to you.
The site you will operate at spans across a combined 150,000 sq. ft, with some industry leading machinery.
As the Group Quality Manager, you will be:
- Developing and implementing quality assurance (QA) and control (QC) methodologies that improve and maintain the quality of products and processes
- Leading and driving strategic and functional improvements in performance across the business, employees and processes
- Championing and leading a culture where quality is paramount and inclusive
- Coordinating the activities and priorities of the Quality function and team
- Responsible for the management and reporting of noncompliance systems including scrap, rework, first off success rate etc
- Undertaking internal and external audits
- Promoting quality and customer requirement awareness throughout the company. Hold shop floor awareness and feedback meetings
- Liaising with suppliers regarding their quality status and where relevant encourage conformance to a recognised quality standard
- Liaising with customers to ensure both internal and external requirements are achieved
- Supporting for customer meeting related to quality issues
- Preparing reports on the company quality performance including areas for improvement for presentation at monthly management meetings
As the Group Quality Manager, you will have:
- Experience of working in an Automotive Manufacturing Environment, with knowledge of TS16949
- Degree level qualification in an engineering related subject
- Management experience in a quality role
To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply or send your CV directly to Zac Wilson at Principal People on #removed#.