This position is part of a team responsible for creating and maintaining internal and external IHA web sites. You will provide backup support to administration and offices for web applications and reports created by our team. You will be expected to assist with technical support of content management systems and digital assets. Applicants should have the ability to design, create, and maintain database structures for supporting the various web applications we create.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates and maintains IHA intranet web site.
2. Works with others in the company to develop web applications as needed.
3. Maintains system security and integrity.
4. Establishes and maintains system tables and databases.
5. Works with IS Manager and IHA Compliance Officer on HIPAA compliance pertaining to software information services.
6. Works with Digital Marketing team to support corporate website and use of digital and social media technology.
7. Assists with the definition and rollout of system enhancements and changes.
8. Identifies and updates old systems and applications in need of revision.
9. Works closely with IS Manager regarding hardware and network support necessary for software applications.
10. Communicates thoroughly with department directors and Vice President of IT.
11. Completes special projects and other duties as needed.
1. Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work environment for staff, patients and family members by supporting the IHA CARES mission and core values statement.
2. Must be able to work effectively as a member of the Information Services team.
3. Successfully completes IHA's "The Customer" training and adheres to IHA's standard of promptly providing a high level of service and respect to internal or external customers.
4. Maintains knowledge of and complies with IHA standards, policies and procedures, including IHA's Employee Handbook.
5. Maintains complete knowledge of office services and in the use of all relevant office equipment, computer, and manual systems.
6. Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality in compliance with IHA and HIPAA guidelines
7. Serves as a role model, by demonstrating exceptional ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibilities. Embraces new ideas and respects cultural differences.
8. Uses resources efficiently.
9. If applicable, responsible for ongoing professional development - maintains appropriate licensure/certification and continuing education credentials, participates in available learning opportunities.
Performance that meets or exceeds IHA CARES Values expectation as outlined in IHA Performance Review document, relative to position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3 years of releant development experience.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
1. Skill in web design and database integration.
2. Proficient in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including but not limited to, information systems software, Microsoft Word and Excel (expert-level), intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required while performing the essential functions of the job.
3. Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications.
5. Extensive proficiency with Microsoft SQL and reporting services (SSRS).
6. Collaborate with analysts and designers in development and initiation of software programs and applications.
7. Research, document, and implement program design and specifications.
8. Development of programming and design alternatives.
9. Quality assurance of program logic, data processing, error resolution.
10. Run and monitor software performance tests.
11. Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
12. Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standard support procurement.
13. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance.
14. Sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
15. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including proper phone etiquette. Ability to speak before groups of people. Ability to develop clear user instructions and/or communicate changes/upgrades to applications and systems.
16. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; courteous and friendly demeanor.
17. Ability to work effectively with various levels of organizational members and diverse populations including IHA staff and leadership, providers, insurance carriers, hospitals and system vendors.
18. Ability to cross-train in other areas of department in order to achieve smooth flow of all operations.
19. Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints.
20. Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot application errors and identify solutions to correct issues.
21. Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
22. Successful completion of IHA competency-based program within introductory and training period.
23. Sufficient knowledge of medical terminology to perform responsibilities.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS:
1. Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, filing and phone work.
2. Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
3. Physical activity that sometimes requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and/or twisting.
4. Physical activity that sometimes requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling under 30 lbs.
5. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
6. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
7. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time in English.
MINIMUM ENVIRONMENTAL EXPECTATIONS:
This job operates in a typical office environment which involves frequent interruptions and significant interaction with people which can be stressful at times.
Role: System Programmer/Web Developer
Location: Ann Arbor,
Apply for this job now.