Teaching Personnel's Future Teacher Programme was created to assist those graduates considering beginning a teacher training course. This programme provides graduates with the opportunity to gain further school-based experience prior to beginning teacher training.
If you would like a secure a place on a Graduate Teaching Internship scheme that will assist you to secure a position on a teacher training course, please see the below details of our Future Teachers Programme.
We currently have multiple places available ahead of September 2021 for graduates with degrees in English, Maths, Science, Humanities and Languages across a trust of schools located in South Manchester, Wythenshawe (M22)
** Applicants must hold a degree or be in the process of completing your degree (final year) and be looking to pursue a career in education ***
Through the 'Future Teachers Programme', successful applicants will begin a 9-month Graduate Teaching Internship programme in September 2021 to prepare you ahead of beginning a teacher training programme within your allocated school the following year (September 2021). Over the course of the year, you will gradually take on more responsibilities at their respective school.
Working with a range of talented teachers you will support student learning and get a first-hand insight into what is required to be a confident and capable teacher.
• Full time graduate teaching assistant opportunities within our Future Teachers Programme
• Opportunities for Maths, English, Science, Humanities, Languages and Physical Education graduates aspiring to become a teacher in the future
• 9-month apprenticeship as a teaching assistant
• Earn up to £1200 per month whilst gaining vital experience
These opportunities are full time roles with an allocated school in South Manchester, Wythenshawe (M22) During the Internship you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you a good understanding as to the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the Future Teachers Graduate Scheme will include providing;
• One to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment
• SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
• In-class support in your specialist subject to enhance pupils learning experience
• Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to up-skill you in this area
Graduates wishing to be considered please send an updated CV via the link below.
Alternatively for further information on our Future Teacher's Programme please contact the Manchester Primary office to discuss opportunities ahead of the 2021/2022 academic year.