DG3 is looking for a progressive, forward thinking and experienced individual to operate our HP T230 digital inkjet press. This is an exciting opportunity, are you up for the challenge?
- Review printing work orders for instructions
- Ensure production deadlines are met
- Fully operate and maintain HP Roll-fed Inkjet Digital Web Press
- Maintain quality standards of printed products
- Set up, clean, service, adjust and make routine equipment repairs
- Ensure adequate supplies of paper, ink and other material needed and are available
- Maintain records of production output including all consumables
- Adapt to procedures and processes with minimal assistance
- Keep color profiles necessary for consistency and calibration
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills with file-to-print process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems quickly and effectively
- Experience in effective and proficient color management
- Must have a strong technical and mechanical background
- Ability to run roll-fed/continuous feed systems, ink based digital web presses
- Must be able to read and fully understand production job tickets
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience operating either HP, IBM. Xerox or Kodak inkjet presses
- HP certification is a plus
- Prior experience in a traditional offset or web press environment
- Experience operating HP Indigos, Oce cut sheet presses, Xerox iGen sheetfed presses, IBM and Kodak equipment a plus
This position requires the candidate to be in a manufacturing environment as well as an office setting. Fast pace and high pressure situations are common and required quick and prudent decision making. Interaction with multiple personnel is commonplace
Statement: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.
DG3 is recognized as a leading global provider of print and visual communications services. At the heart of our success is a team of dedicated people devoted to quality, innovation, and our clients. A career at DG3 is truly a unique experience. As our innovations increase and our product offerings multiply, our vision, values and culture continue to take shape and escalate our people and company to the next level.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Role: Digital Web Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Location: Jersey City,
Apply for this job now.