CHSI will have a job fair at our Corporate Office in the city of Moreno Valley! We are recruiting for staff to work at our Bloomington Community Health Center. We will conduct face-to-face interviews and have on-the-spot hiring. Don't miss this hiring event on September 12, 2018 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. If you'd like to be considered, please apply for our positions posted on ZipRecruiter for an invite.
We are seeking an compassionate and reliable Patient Service Representatives (PSR) to join our clinical teams in the city of Bloomington, CA for a rewarding career. We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
The PSR reports directly to the Site-Manager and is responsible for providing pleasant customer service while interviewing, screening and assisting patients with issues and concerns; such as but not limited to completing applications, determining their ability to pay, assessing insurance needs and enrolling them with the appropriate insurance/plan provider(s).
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides health insurance benefit information and assists patients and families in applying for health insurance benefits.
- Conduct a confidential interview with patients and families to compile information on financial standings against current Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) for eligibility in applying for Sliding Fee Scale (SFS) program.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in electronic medical record.
- Informs patients and families of services provided by CHSI.
- Collects payment from patients, applies payments and adjustments to patient account(s) and reconciles daily cash reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Two (2) or more years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Enrollment Counselor (CEC) required (within 90 days of hire dependent on training availability).
- Experience working in a healthcare/hospital setting.
- Experience in FQHC organization is highly preferred.
- Being Bilingual (English/Spanish) is an asset for this role and is highly preferred!
Welcome to Community Health Systems, Inc. (CHSI) where our mission is to improve the health and well being of the indigent population in medically under-served communities by providing a dignified setting to allow those who could not otherwise afford such services, access to low or no cost quality health care by skilled and caring Providers and staff. With 6 clinic locations in San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego County, CHSI participates in a nationwide effort to extend a safety net of health services to those who lack access to health services, especially the low-income, under-insured (or uninsured) individuals with limited means to pay for quality health services. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
Our vision is to improve the health status of our community by developing partnerships and collaborations that help fund and provide expanded access to high quality health care services and education while delivering high quality health care to the under-served community.
Role: Patient Services Representative
Apply for this job now.