As the Director of Corporate Development and Engagement, you will have a direct role in empowering all our students and thereby positively impacting and transforming lives, families and communities. By managing corporate sponsorships and developing new stewardship programs, you will strengthen the institution’s relationships with donors and further their commitment to the EmpowHer Institute’s mission. You will be a change-agent, turning our students’ hopelessness into opportunity.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for new and increased funding from corporate donors and/or their Foundations and growing and enriching program and event support across the agency. The Director of Development and Engagement is expected to raise 2x to 3x their annual salary within 18-24 months from date of hire and develop a list of at least 75 newly identified, mission-aligned prospects.
You will be part of a dynamic and collaborative fundraising team, cultivating increased levels of impact, giving and engagement. The Director of Corporate Development and Engagement is responsible for researching, identifying, engaging, soliciting and stewarding corporations and foundations that align with EmpowHer Institute’s mission, vision and the agency’s Strategic Plan and goals.
You will identify, confirm, communicate and maintain information on all funding programs and priorities for donor support. Working with the leadership team and staff, you will ensure the opportunities always meet the agency’s and our students’ changing needs and priorities.
· Drive new and augment current corporate philanthropy to meet specific individual goals and outcomes as outlined above as well as meeting an overall Philanthropy team goal
· Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects utilizing the gift cycle: Qualification, Prospecting, Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship
· Create sustainable action plans for annual, corporate major gift programs
· Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward new and current donors for immediate and long term giving
· Create and implement successful strategic engagement plans to provide innovative market-driven and value-added solutions to increase revenue and profitability
· Plan, direct, and coordinate budget for new business development
· Work with staff to gather information on key programs ensuring that they meet unique or specific donor interests, maintaining/updating information on an ongoing basis
· Develop recognition program, segmenting different levels of giving
· Provide reports on prospect and donor management and giving results on a regular basis, defined by leadership
· Remain current on all industry trends, tools and techniques
· Participate, on request, in major donor events
· Lead Development team efforts as outlined in agency plans
· Work in collaboration with Program Director to develop unique selling propositions (USP) that leverage program impact and connect Corporate Sponsors with EmpowHer Institute’s programs that support their philanthropic goals and objectives
· Develop Marketing & Communications plan to enhance presentations and support development campaigns
· Increase the number of corporate partners with the aim of incrementally growing corporate and corporate foundation giving as well as employment partnership for EmpowHer Institute’s students
You will play a major role in Corporate donor research, donor appreciation and engagement, database management and all necessary actions to achieve annual revenue targets. In addition, you will provide fundraising assistance to support EmpowHer Institute’s major events and work closely with the CEO and agency leadership, the Grants Department and all staff to meet the challenges of building and strengthening the agency’s funding base in support of EmpowHer Institute’s programs.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
· 5-7 years of experience successfully securing, soliciting, managing and building non-profit donor relationships with a specificity in the Los Angeles business and corporate community
· Proven track record developing and managing annual, corporate and major giving programs
· Self-starter with ability to work effectively individually and as strong team player
· Proactive and goal oriented with strong decision-making skills
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multi-task
· Professional and mature presentation with high quality customer service skills
· Ability to listen effectively
· Intellectual and social curiosity
· Active computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Donor Management database
· Experience preparing long and short-term development plans and strategies
· Experience soliciting sponsorships for special events and industry specific program support including assistance in preparing fundraising materials and proposals
EmpowHer Institute’s mission is to empower marginalized girls and young women by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to enable them to become confident, college and career ready.
In 2003, EmpowHer Institute was founded as a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization by a small group of women dedicated to making a difference in the lives of disadvantaged girls and women.
In 2012, EmpowHer Institute turned its attention to serving middle school girls as young as 11 years old. We began collaborating with Title I schools to deliver our EmpowHer Girls Academy program. The program was developed to utilize social and emotional learning as a means of giving girls the skills they need to overcome the negative experiences and situations outside the classroom - low self-esteem, depression, family violence, sexual assault and other trauma - that affect their ability to engage in school and perform academically.
Role: Director of Development and Engagement
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.