Want to be part of a team at a thriving leader in printing, fulfillment, marketing, and convention services industries? Do you want to work in a fast-paced company who has adapted to the changes in their industry by creating products and services in the digital space, e-learning, and online-training? If so, we are looking for a dynamic, full-time Human Resource Generalist to join our company and make an impact on the continued success of our company.
This Human Resources Generalist role will provide daily functional support in the areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, performance management, policy and procedures, benefit administration and compensation, recruitment, and payroll oversight. The Human Resources Generalist will have a passion for supporting our business and for driving innovation with our employees.
Key Areas of Focus/Responsibilities
- Maintain the Human Resources role as a valuable and responsive partner to our business
- Be a driver in reinforcing core values and operating principles across the organization
- Support recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new employees
- Provide support in HR functions including, but not limited to, processing and onboarding new hires, benefit administration, compensation, exit interviews, and HRIS maintenance
- Maintain data quality and integrity of employee information, both through personnel files, HRIS, and any other digital filing
- Provide support of employment law compliance including, but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, ADA, AA, FMLA, HIPPA, ACA, and OSHA as well as manage unemployment claims
- Explain interpret, and communicate company policies, procedures, and benefit programs to employees and managers as needed or as requested
- Support planning, development, and implementation of office events and wellness initiatives
- Support COO in Union Contract Negotiations
- Demonstrate High energy with a positive customer-centric attitude
- Creative problem-solver who, in addition to understanding “best practices” of the standard HR playbook, can find creative solutions to personnel management issues and opportunities
- Strong communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you.
- Ability to leverage data, empathy and good judgment to approach business and personnel challenges and opportunities
- Experience practicing/enforcing best-in-class business practices while caring for employees and supporting the corporate goals
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or Equivalent from a four-year college or university or equivalent HR management experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including experience as a HR Generalist in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional certification or demonstrated progress toward one or more desired --Professional Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM CP)
- Ability to translate company business strategies into workforce goals and accountabilities
- Strong work ethic, people oriented, team player, and enthusiastic to facilitate employee programs
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Exceptional judgment in maintaining confidential and sensitive information and documentation
- Comfortable and competent in navigating diverse personalities and job level issues and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and manage deliverables on multiple projects
- High level of interpersonal skills and experience working with and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Must display patience, humor, and helpfulness to others
- Experience using and implementing HRIS systems, benefit enrollment systems, and carrier connections
- Experience with electronic payroll systems; Experience using Paylocity is a plus
- Capable of balancing your role as an employee and culture advocate while at the same time managing workplace compliance
- Be a partner in maintaining workplace safety
- Proficient business skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, HRIS Systems, and relational databases
- Clear and effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: HR Generalist
Apply for this job now.