Company: CYTEK BIOSCIENCES, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Cytek Technical Applications Specialist (TAS) / Flow Cytometry/ Entry Level will be responsible for assisting Cytek internal and external customers with workflow development, optimization, and implementation of flow cytometry applications. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Assists Cytek customers by providing training on Cytek analyzers and supporting experimental setup and assay optimization.
- Provides onsite / remote technical consultations to Cytek customers on the use, capabilities, and troubleshooting of Cytek products (instruments, software, and reagents). Timely recording and documentation of customer interactions and communicates effectively on the results of these visits to internal customer facing teams.
- Develops and delivers pre-sales technical presentations in alignment with Cytek business initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Cytek Sales and Service teams to provide customers with instrument and reagent demonstrations.
- Provides onsite support for sales/marketing events, including technical support for trade shows, sponsored seminar series, and user group meetings.
- Partners with the Service organization to rapidly resolve issues at the customer site.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to existing Cytek products.
- Approximately 50% travel.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops expertise on new products and establishes a high level of expertise on legacy instruments, reagents, software and applications.
- Notifies management of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Provides input to Customer Education team to improve training materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a BA/BS in Life Sciences, Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or Medical Technology. Masters or PhD preferred.
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience in a laboratory environment (research or clinical) using flow cytometry is preferred.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Hands-on experience in using flow cytometry for immunology research, immune cell phenotyping and other cell-based assays is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in general lab techniques such as handling human blood samples, cell culture, operating common lab equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of cell biology, immunology and hematology.
- Knowledge of current flow cytometry instrumentation, reagents and software platforms is a plus.
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a plus.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate pro-actively and independently to achieve individual goals.
- Strong desire to expand knowledge and develop within the company.
Individual will be able to travel on commercial airlines, train, rental car to call upon potential and existing customers. Individual will be required to lift 25lbs without harm, be able to work in a standing position for an hour at a time.
Cytek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.