Do you have an interest in supporting adults with learning disabilities to enable them to lead a more independent life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of these people?
Vetro Social Care are actively seeking experienced Adults Learning Disability Support Workers to work within a service in Barry. The service provides supported living services to adults aged 18 and upwards with learning disabilities, mental health conditions, physical disabilities or sensory impairments. You will be assisting residents through a care pathway to help them live as independently as possible.
- Title: Adults Learning Disability Support Worker
- Location: Barry
- Job Type: Flexible agency work and block bookings
- Shifts: Flexible pattern available, pick and choose the shifts you want every week (10-hour shifts, 12-hour shifts, 8-hour shifts, days, nights and sleep shifts available)
- Pay: £11.09 per hour (including holiday pay)
- Immediate starts available
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Vetro Mobile Booking App for communicating shift availability
- Support from a specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration - register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Vetro contributed pension
What you'll be doing as a Adults Learning Disability Support Worker
You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs which includes observing, monitoring, and keeping a record of patient conditions, treating each person with dignity, compassion, and honesty. You will be helping with their Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible. You will have the support of a team of multi-professionals.
What you'll need to be successful as a Adults Learning Disability Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for adults with Learning disabilities
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- At least 6 months experience of working within a social care setting
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- The right to work in the UK
Interested? If you think you're right for this Adults Learning Disability Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.