Company: 21C MUSEUM HOTELS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
Title: Event Cook
Reports To: Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef
Supervises: Line Cooks
General Purpose: The Event Chef works with the Event Manager and the Sales Manager to create and execute menus in the kitchen in a volume required for the variety of events possible in the event spaces and of a quality consistent with the character and quality of the property restaurant.
- Owns service period and crew.
- Able to monitor all kitchen activities, basically with eyes all over the place.
- Knows strengths and weaknesses of line staff under supervision, knows when, what and to whom to delegate with confidence in the final result.
- Clearly sets and clearly communicates expectations for the finished product.
- Is ready and available to assist line staff with recipe techniques, station prep and to answer any questions they may have.
- Clearly communicates information about the day service for line staff as they arrive, such as menu changes, station assignments and private events.
- Ensures that stewarding staff follows opening, closing, and mid service side work. Coordinates with CDC to supervise stewarding department.
- Maintains clean and organized walk-ins & dry storage area.
- Responsible for daily and weekly product ordering in conjunction with Chef de Cuisine.
- Is aware of food and labor costs and makes efforts to control these in their particular service periods.
- Abreast of all menu changes, regardless of service period.
- Collaborates with Chef de Cuisine and/or Executive Chef on menu development and engineering.
- Attends monthly bar meeting.
- Attends annual employee rally.
- Attends beverage training, as posted.
- Attends other meetings, as posted.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a high volume or fine dining restaurant environment.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: #removed#/employers/poster.cfm