Short Job Description:
Do you want to use you listening and practical skills to support someone recovering from mental illness?
Are you dynamic and caring individual who enjoys working with people in community and in a person centred way?
Then why not consider joining our Trafford mental health recovery team? Full or Part time vacancies are available.
Community Recovery Floating Support
We work across South Manchester in both community floating support and supported living services. Our dedicated staff ensure positive mental health and housing related support is delivered in a personalised way. The successful candidate will engage with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships.
The role of a Community Recovery Support Worker includes visiting service users in their own homes or in other settings and offering practical support to enable them to live independently while also offering emotional support in accordance with their individual support plans. Some of the roles will be attached to accommodation services also and work with a range of needs, age groups and genders, however a significant number of our services are focused on women's mental health recovery including the option to access an exciting new recovery centre within our services.
You will receive extensive training and excellent peer support.
Key skills we need:
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
• A person who is supportive, proactive, responsible and good at motivating people
• Experience of working in the care and support sector is preferred; however, if you are a student who has recently completed a relevant qualification and you share our drive, values and passion for helping people with mental health needs, then we would also like to hear from you.
• This role does not involve delivering personal care.
• It is beneficial if you are a car driver but not essential.
• Good written communication also important.
Further to your application for the above position, I would like to update you with the progress of your application.
At the moment we are waiting for the following:
- DBS/ Eligibility to work in the UK documents
- Pre employment forms
- Contacts who can supply a reference
If we do not receive these documents within 7 days of the date listed on this letter we will be obliged to withdraw our provisional offer of employment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.
Tel: (Extension 301)
Should we not receive contact from you, we would like to thank you for your interest in Creative Support and wish you every success in your future job search.
Role: Community Recovery Support Worker
Job Type: Permanent
Location: The Trafford Centre, Manchester,
Apply for this job now.