Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Maintain and configure firewalls, routers, enterprise networking, proxies, VPN, VOIP, VMWare, SAN, fiber connectivity, and Windows/Linux servers. Design, install and integrate systems for the Network Operations Center and Transmission sites. Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems for the Network Operations and Production System. Install, load and configure new servers and computer hardware to be used in the network operations center.
- Implements and configures networking products, LAN design, implementation, diagnostics, performance, and management
- Participates in monthly program reviews
- Manages and supports the customer's ability to access Lab environments via LAN and WAN infrastructure located at both designated customer and contactor facilities
- Provides support to the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of a system and all customer requirements to maintain the ATO through continuous monitoring activities
- Leads or supports the design, development and hardware build-out of networked datacenter racks
- Develops detailed engineering packages for the team to use for rack buildout
- Supports new and existing racks and associated Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components and cable installation include rack-to-rack cable installations
- Performs and documents rack and component audits
- Performs problem isolation and resolution of problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions
- Plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network and rack components
- Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network/hardware changes and patch/update levels
- Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting
- Performs vulnerability scans (e.g., Harris STAT, Retina) as requested
- Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, and routers
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures
- May need to coordinate third-party maintenance for network and rack equipment.
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience managing LANs
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
Powered by JazzHR