Job Title: Mechanic Company: RAM Construction Services
Department: Equipment FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Livonia O.T. Eligible? Yes
Reports To: Equipment Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Diagnostic tests & repairs to discover functionality issues of construction equipment (aerial lifts, pumps, skid steers and compressors and etc.)
- Repair trucks and other equipment
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the manager
ADDITIONAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience as a mechanic, must have 2-5 years of experience
- Aptitude in using various hand tools
- Knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical & electrical systems
- Must have great attitude and willingness to “do what it takes”
- Strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- A problem-solving ability
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Strong communication and detail oriented
- Good organizational and time management skills
EDUCATION: GED/High School Diploma
COMPUTER SKILLS: Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment for this position is a construction indoor/outdoor setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Seeing, hearing, walking, standing, lifting up to 60+ lbs. , bending, speaking, sitting, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating and working.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Founded in 1918, RAM Construction Services has built a solid reputation based on knowledge, experience and reliability. Completing more than 2,500 projects per year, RAM Construction Services has grown into the largest Midwestern contractor specializing in restoration of aging structures, and skilled waterproofing.
Over the years, RAM Construction Services has revitalized aging structures located in dozens of states across the country. The projects range from below-grade waterproofing of a 600,000 square foot auto assembly plant to weatherproofing a 32-story office tower, to the delicate cleaning and restoration of stone and terracotta on a 100-year old church.
Apply for this job now.