My client is a large and fast moving local authority in Central London is actively seeking to recruit a locum Litigation Lawyer to join them on an interim basis.
You will be an experienced Litigation Lawyer with Local Government experience together with experience of prosecution work and licensing committee work.
Starting as soon as possible on a full time or part-time basis, you will be responsible for leading on all aspects of the Council's prosecutions and conducting cases in all Courts and Tribunals.
Duties will include:
- Appearing in all Civil and Criminal Courts and before Tribunals, Inquiries and Committees
- Liaising with and advising the Council's Anti-Social Behaviour Investigations Team, Food Health & Safety Team, Children and Young People's Service - Education Early Intervention and Prevention Team and any other departments that instruct the Legal Team in relation to prosecution legal work.
- Preparing casework for submission at the Magistrates Court, Crown Court and the High Court and other bodies, negotiating settlements where appropriate and advocating on matters
- Leading on all aspects of the Council's licensing activities falling under the Licensing Act 2003
- Liaising with and advising the Council's Licensing department, as required, in respect of all aspects of their work
- Advising upon, drafting and approving Cabinet and Committee Reports in respect of licensing and related matters, as required.
- Attending, advising, clerking and providing legal services to the Council's Licensing Committee and Sub-Committees
Candidates must be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with rights of audience.
This role is offering a competitive hourly rate and is Inside IR35. The council do operate a flexible working policy that can be discussed on application.
Please send CV to #removed# to apply or call Bianca on 07769241524 for a confidential discussion
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Role: Litigation Lawyer
Job Type: Temporary, FullTime
Apply for this job now.