We are urgently require a IBM Middleware WEBSPHERE/MQ Series Administrator To provide support and administration for WEBSPHERE/MQ solutions. Be capable of communicating complex information & ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Possess strong analytical skills & a detailed technical knowledge of some or all of the following platforms, AIX, HP, Linux, Solaris, Windows. Demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of WEBSPHERE/MQ infrastructure, ideally experienced in designing, developing and implementing WEBSPHERE/MQ solutions. Experience of leading technical projects will also be an advantage. This is a WEBSPHERE/MQ Infrastructure role, rather than a development role Installation and maintenance WEBSPHERE/MQ solutions, ensuring that all changes are performed professionally and with minimal operational impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation & Configuration of WEBSPHERE/MQ and v7.X 8.X. Troubleshoot Infrastructure and Application issues related to WEBSPHERE/MQ.
- Perform WEBSPHERE/MQ Performance Monitoring and Tuning. Facilitate Migration of WEBSPHERE/MQ. Provide infrastructure consulting and support to the development team.
- You will have the following experience: WEBSPHERE/MQ Tracing, Cold Restart Procedures. Implement security aspects related to WEBSPHERE/MQ (OAM, SSL) Own/Prepare Root Cause Analysis for Major incidents/problems. Assist the team in identifying issues and in preparing Root Cause Analysis for Major incidents/problems.
- Working with Production vendors like IBM, etc.
- Experience in Linux, windows, AIX must.
- Experience in Shell Scripts.
- Experience in WEBSPHERE/MQSC Scripting.
- Knowledge on ITIL process. -Self-motivated and responsible work methods and a confident manner. Knowledge on working with WEBSPHERE/MQ panel, Knowledge on monitoring tool like Tivoli, WEBSPHERE/MQ.
- IBM WebSphere WEBSPHERE/MQ Certification
- Knowledge of WEBSPHERE/MQ environments on Mainframe, Tandem, AS400 Servers Technology - M/F, ODBA, SQL DBA, M/F DBA, App Support, Incident Management, etc.
- Self starter with good stakeholder skills.
- Able to work closely with the business teams to drive out requirements and document.
- Team player who can manage expectations and support the wider team.
Role: WebSphere/MQ Series Administration Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire,
Apply for this job now.