We are looking for the top talent to lead and expand our growing teams of landscape designers.
The Laurel Group has earned the reputation of being one the finest landscape design/build firms on Long Island, delivering the entire outdoor living environment including masonry, plantings, pools, tennis and sport court design, irrigation, lighting, … anything our clients can imagine.
The secret to our success is our collaborative team approach, leaving no details behind and leveraging the expertise of all to deliver the finest product to our customers. As a team leader and senior designer you will be responsible to mentor junior designers and delegate the workflow tasks for each job. You will also be mentored by our dynamic team of award winning landscape architects and designers and be an integral part of the entire sales and design process. This is a great opportunity to gain extensive knowledge in the Landscape Design / Build field and increase your talents in a team environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delegate or perform site analysis that includes assessment, photos, field measuring of existing site conditions.
- Work with the Designer/Salesperson to create a finished landscape design with hard and soft scape elements.
- Prepare project estimates which include getting bids from vendors and subcontractors
- Write budgets and contracts with the aid of the estimating program
- Communicate well both with clients and other professionals of the industry.
- Review plans, make proposed changes and any other necessary documents
- Prepare and attain permits for jobs when necessary
- Keep records, including everything from correspondence to reports
- Multitask and delegate assignments to Junior staff member in order to meet the timelines and goal of the Designer Salesman
Qualifications & Credentials
- Minimum of an Associates degree in landscape design (bachelors degree preferred)
- 10 plus years experience working for a landscape design firm or Landscape Architect
- Minimum of 7 years experience with CAD for designing projects
- Minimum of 7 years experience with Excel, Word, Outlook
Additional helpful qualification/experience
- Knowledge of horticultural science and construction techniques
- Knowledge of Excel/Word formulas and formatting
- Ability to proofread and check own work for accuracy
Work area is in a group environment with a personal work station. The work week is Monday through Friday but hours of work can vary depending on the season and workload.
You must be able to walk job sites which may range from construction sites to finished properties.
Job Type: Full-time
The Laurel Group Inc. is a 25 year landscape design/ build/ management firm specializing in sophisticated residential and commercial projects. We have operations on Long Island's North Shore and in the Hamptons.
Role: Senior Landscape Design Sales Professional
Apply for this job now.