Company: BASTION TECHNOLOGIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
This position covers software (S/W) quality assurance (QA) support for projects involved in software development efforts for space flight systems and ground operations at Ames Research Center (ARC).
1. Perform independent software classification and software safety criticality analyses; 2. Approve software development plans; 3. Audit software products/documents/processes; 4. Create and maintain software assurance products/documents; 5. Execute software assurance plans/processes; 6. Create and maintain software assurance performance metrics and use them for improvements; 7. Approve project safety plans for cases where software is safety critical; 8. Audit safety products/documents/processes for cases where software is safety critical; 9. Carry out duties consistent with providing S/W QA support, as assigned by the Chief Safety Officer (CSO); 10. Report to the CSO any issues or concerns that arise in the execution of these tasks.
- BS in Computer Sciences required
- 5+ Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic random drug and alcohol screenings.
In order to perform the Software Assurance Safety responsibilities, this requires the following expertise:
- In-depth knowledge of NASA software related policies, requirements, and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of software models, products and processes.
- Models and best methods to assure the model's products. Models include waterfall, V, incremental, agile, iterative, spiral, etc.
- Products include software plans (Software Development Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Verification and Validation Plan); requirements specification; design documents, source code; test plans, procedures, cases, and reports; physical configuration audits and functional configuration audits.
- Processes include project planning/management, requirements definition/management, design and implementation, risk management, verification and validation, configuration management, and release management.
- In-depth knowledge of NASA software safety related policies, requirements, and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of NASA software assurance related policies, requirements, and standards.
- Experience in performing software assurance processes in compliance with NASA STD 8739.8 to include the ability to:
- Tailor and apply software assurance and software safety requirements and standards to be consistent with project objectives and risk.
- Prepare and participate in the development, review and implementation of software assurance plans and artifacts.
- Independently audit software development products and processes for conformance to software and software safety requirements, standards, plans and procedures.
- Identify potential project risks due to audit non-compliances.
- In-depth knowledge of CMMU/SEI Capability Maturity Model for Software.
Other Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of NASA Ames software safety and assurance related policies, requirements and standards.
- NASA Ames Research Center experience.
- Able to communicate effectively.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEOJob Posted by ApplicantPro