Velocity Black is the next-generation members club for innovators seeking the ultimate luxury: getting the most out of their time.
We use a combination of human and artificial intelligence to deliver the world’s most advanced lifestyle service.
"Velocity Black is the coolest app we have ever seen" - GQ Magazine.
Having raised over $30 million since 2015, Velocity is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and has been featured in New York Times, GQ, LA Times, TechCrunch, Forbes, GQ, Wired and CNBC.
We are re-imagining the way we discover and experience our world, from restaurants, to travel, to flights in fighter jets to the edge of space. We save and enrich your time, elevate your experience and put a world of possibilities at your fingertips. Our mobile payments infrastructure empowers our customers to never have to pull out a card, with everything from dining to flights automatically taken care of by 0-click payment.
We are the company behind Velocity Black, the global members club & concierge re-imagined for the digital age. Book a restaurant, vacation, sold-out concert or a swim with orca whales, all at your fingertips from a single app.
Reporting to the Head of Finance but with key internal and external relationships (e.g. CEO and COO), this is a significantly visible role and suitable for someone who wishes to have the opportunity to excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Assist the Management Accountant with areas of complex reconciliation, during the month-end and year-end processes
- Assist the Management Accountant with the preparation and provision of all auditor requests within deadlines
- To own and control the daily reporting of group-wide cash-flow availability to Senior Management
- Working capital control, cash-flow monitoring, reporting to key members of the management team, providing insight and transparency, allowing key business decisions to be made in a timely fashion
- Management of suppliers, entry of invoices and timely payment of all costs
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure that urgent payments in respect of our high-profile members are supported by appropriate documentation and paid in line with the required timescale
- Ad-hoc tasks as may be required from time to time
- Accounting Experience, preferably with AAT qualification
- Strong Excel and software skills
- Experience with Xero accounting software preferable
- A strong personality with constant desire to learn and improve
- Appreciates the value of well designed processes; constantly striving to improve efficiency
- Hardworking and diligent
- Able to work flexibly, whilst ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Personable with strong communication skills
- Meticulous and confident; not afraid to challenge the status quo
- £40,000 base salary
- 60% of your gym membership covered
- Top-tier BUPA private healthcare paid for by Velocity
- Complimentary access to the members-only app, with exclusive access to unbeatable Velocity restaurants, experiences, travel partners and luxury brands