My client, a highly prestigious London based University is seeking an experienced Senior Research Contracts manager to over see the establishment of the University's new Clinical Trials Contracts Office (CTCO) and support the University's Clinical trial projects. This is a brand-new opportunity to oversee the inception of a new team in a very vibrant research area.
Main purpose of the job
- The post-holder's primary purpose is to establish the CTCO and lead the team in the delivery of contracting support to the University's clinical trial activities as directed and delegated by Research Contracts. These activities include but are not limited to: the delivery of professional, comprehensive and timely legal advice on clinical trial activities; leading on the negotiation of clinical trial contracts on behalf of the University; and the provision of a management service to support clinical trials activities across the University.
- The post-holder will also assist with the formulation and implementation of policies governing clinical trial management in response to internal and external development and in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- The post-holder shall be responsible for systemising clinical trial contracts through the review and development of template agreements, the scope of which will be determined by the CTCO Oversight Board.
- The post-holder shall be responsible for the line management of two Clinical Trial Contract Managers and a Clinical Trial Contracts Officer within the newly formed CTCO.
- The post-holder will advise on complex contractual matters and therefore possess an extensive and expert working knowledge of the legal issues relating to clinical trial contracting activity in an academic research context.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the University's Head of Research Contracts, the post-holder will lead their team in the provision of a high quality clinical trial contract management service to the University, liaising with external collaborators / funders, co-operating with Research Services staff and colleagues across the University's other professional services functions (as appropriate).
- Under the guidance of the University's Joint Research Office's Contracts & Legal Affairs Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for advising on contractual matters in relation to risk management of clinical trial contracts sponsored by the University.
- Ensuring responsive and efficient delivery of contracting support for all of the University's clinical trials activity, with an emphasis on identifying / preventing / resolving / mitigating actual or potential issues. This will include industrially funded clinical trials and other strategically prioritized transaction types, determined by, or in collaboration with the University's Clinical Trials Unit Directors.
- Monitoring and evaluating CTCO staff workload in order to ensure that distributions are appropriate in terms of both volume and levels of complexity.
- Ensuring all CTCO matters are logged and maintained as required by Research Contracts and the University's Joint Research Office.
- Developing and disseminating appropriate metrics for activity and performance, to be reported internally and used to assist in the development of robust management information about clinical trial activity across the University.
This is a full-time contracted assignment (6 Months) and is a remote working assignment
The Salary is very competitive
If you are interested in applying for this new and very exciting opportunity. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02075577667.