POSITION FUNCTION: Concept, detail, checkout, and maintain equipment designs for Freund-Vector's product lines. Provide mechanical design support, as required, for all functions within the company. Participate with customers at Freund-Vector or at the customer's location.
- Concept, detail, and update mechanical design drawings and bills of materials as required for sold orders and/or R&D projects.
- Provide direction and work instructions to Mechanical Draftsperson(s).
- Execute ECO's and determine status of scrap or rework.
- Communicate with Project Management and other design disciplines as required to complete assigned tasks for sold order projects
- Communicate with Purchasing Department and their vendors as designed parts are being manufactured towards the lowest possible cost.
- Communicate and provide work direction to assembly personnel as necessary to efficiently complete assembly of the equipment.
- Support Service Department, as required, to resolve problems with equipment in the field.
- Participate in customer testing at Freund-Vector's facility or at customer's plant
- Provide technical leadership for design improvements, cost reductions, and maintenance of the product lines.
- Create, update, and maintain baselines associated with related equipment.
- Write reports on new equipment and specifications based on data collected during research and development testing.
- Conduct test procedures on new equipment as necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates to modify standard Freund-Vector equipment to meet customer requirements, select vendor items and concept new systems for estimates.
A. Education - High School graduate and 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
B. Experience - Design of or Applications of specialized pharmaceutical or food equipment desirable.
C. Special Abilities - Must have excellent mechanical perception and the ability to interface with others on a technical level in gathering and/or relaying information; Must be a self-starter.
D. Mental Requirements - Good organizational skills; Ability to handle stress produced by time pressure, equipment design flaws, customer demands, etc.; Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods.
A global full service company founded in 1972, Freund-Vector Corporation designs, manufactures and markets processing equipment and services for the processing of powders, particles, beads, pellets, tablets and other solid materials/forms to the pharmaceutical, nutritional, food, confectionery, chemical, powdered metals, automotive and pyrotechnics industries. Equipment applications include coating, drying, agglomerating, granulating, layering, densification and tablet forming.
The product lines include coating pan systems for applying an aqueous, solvent or sugar film coating; fluid bed systems for granulating, coating and drying; high shear granulator mixers for wet granulation and roll compactors for material densification and granulation along with automated process control systems for all of the equipment/systems. A unique in-house laboratory facility that specializes in product feasibility, process development and process technology provides processing expertise to support the marketing of all of the product lines.
A key to Freund-Vector’s continued growth and profitability, in an increasingly competitive global market, is a dedicated work force of well-educated and experienced employees. Freund-Vector has a very strong commitment to quality and was assessed and is a registered International ISO 9001:08 Quality Manufacturing Company.
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Apply for this job now.