About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we'll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah 'Your Place to Shine'.
Steps from Sloane Square and in the heart of the fashion borough, The Carlton Tower - Jumeirah, has an ideal location in one of the most sought after areas of London, with iconic luxury brands as its neighbours. Staying true to its heritage and pioneering nature, The Carlton Tower will reveal its new look and elevated guest experiences in spring 2020.
Assistant Head Concierge &
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time. If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job:
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah has an exciting opportunity for a talented Assistant Head Concierge to perform their craft in our luxurious hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- To directly assist in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation and co-ordination of the Concierge Department covering Bell Service, Transportation, Doorman and Valet Parking and the Concierge desk as an integrated Department by providing a highly personalised service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the hotel
- To supervise the employees with the concerned area of the Concierge Department ensuring that the correct standards and methods of operation are maintained as stated in the departmental operations manual.
- To assist the Head Concierge in the recruitment process and in conjunction with Human Resources and Front of House Manager, all Concierge staff.
- To maintain contact with Concierges worldwide via the Golden Keys Society
- To directly assist in ensuring the optimum use of the transportation services in terms of transfers, or hire.
- To be constantly up to date on the in-house activities and to upsell the hotel at all times.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To ensure that provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To assist in conducting yearly appraisals for all staff to review their general performance, discuss existing problems and areas of improvement.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience working in a world class hospitality business
- Have a passion for service and the ability to innovate, ideally with a proven track record within 5 star luxury hotels
- Have& the ability to manage in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Excellent people management skills as a solution focussed leader
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Be commercially focused
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Have an outgoing and assertive personality
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate themselves with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Dental cover
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
See descriptionRole: Assistant Head Concierge - The Carlton Tower Jumeirah (New Opening) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.