COMPANY: CONVERSANT MEDIA
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: Competitive salary bonus and benefits
Director, Business Development – Digital Personalised Media
Conversant Media are the world’s leaders in the delivery of 1:1 personalisation. By utilising over 1 trillion daily buying decisions, we help our clients truly connect with their target audience
Creating the Age of Personalisation.
We’ve done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, insights and personalisation it takes to make true 1:1 communication real.
We couldn’t have done any of that without our team of superstars and a culture that celebrates each one of them. Individuals matter just as much within our walls as they do in the 1:1 marketing programs we create for clients. Here’s what we believe in at Conversant:
- Ownership – We’re determined to make an impact – a big one – every day.
- Integrity – We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
- Teamwork – We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
- Innovation – The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
And this culture has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark!
Conversant is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, we’d love to hear more from you.
Why work for us!
- Share Option Purchase Scheme
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Cycle To Work Scheme and on site shower facilities
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Health & Fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited on-line Training and Development (including free business books)
- Great opportunity for reward and recognition via our Pass It On Programme
- Charity donation scheme and charity days
- Childcare Vouchers
- Competitive Company Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Daily Free fresh fruit and Friday morning bagel breakfast
- Discounts at shops and restaurants in Putney (up to 20% savings)
- Several social events throughout the year
About this Role
Director, Business Development Responsibilities:
- An individual contributor role responsible for significant revenue growth by using general business acumen to uncover business needs and identify how Conversant solutions can help clients achieve their business goals
- Present customized sales opportunities that address the client’s compelling events and help them meet their sales goals
- Be involved in the direct client’s digital marketing planning to identify the new business opportunities.
- Negotiate and close contracts with client’s key decision makers
- Responsible for updating sales forecast and sales tools ( salesforce)
- Develops best practices, case studies and champions them within the organization.
- Develops strong relationships across all Epsilon and Conversant lines of business as appropriate
- Collaborates with peers, HR and management on succession planning.
- Oversees own day to day performance in line with objectives provided by management.
- Works to deliver requests by supervisors and/or managers in the development and implementation of departmental policies,
- Manages pipeline, cold calling, new business meeting agendas, presentation preparation and the collation of collateral for meeting with prospects.
- Detail orientated - Salesforce updates, enjoys the process of the sale and is detail focused
- Direct input into strategy and direction of their role in versus the changing marketplace, through weekly update meetings with manager.
- Able to solve complex problems and issues.
- Able to recognize and manage new business opportunities.
- Understands contracts and negotiation process
- C level relationship – very comfortable at engaging with all levels of a business.
- Highly driven, motivated and ambitious self-starters
- Business Development professional with strong track record in optimizing sales performance (client side, ad solutions, direct marketing, agency experience).
- Retail/e-commerce preferred. Established Network preferred.
- Self-motivated and driven– Able to identify new opportunities, sell new business, and close sales
- Ability to assess prospects objectives and formulate communications strategy directly to those client objectives within display advertising
- Comfortable with consultative sales and solution selling
- Strong business and strategic planning acumen
- Understanding of marketing program design, execution, and measurement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication across multiple levels of an organization
- Works well in a team/highly collaborative environment
- Minimum 10 Years of Professional Sales & Marketing Business Experience
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and Sales Management software (ie. Salesforce.com)
- BA/BS preferably in marketing or business with strong academic record