The Jurgensen Companies is a growing diverse organization which is the preferred supplier of asphalt pavement, aggregate products and construction services to public agencies and private companies throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. We are comprised of intelligent, skilled and experienced people that utilize the most innovative technology available to get the job done. We hire the most qualified, analytical, self-starting, and enthusiastic employees to work within our organization.
The Heavy Highway / Heavy Civil Division of Jurgensen Companies is seeking an Estimating Engineer working out of our new state of the art corporate office located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Amenities of new corporate office:
- Full fitness facility
- Outdoor walking track
- Large modern break room with outdoor dining
- Upper level outdoor terrace
- Spacious learning / computer labs
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional self-motivated individual to contribute to one of the most crucial parts of the organization.
Estimating Engineer Responsibilities:
- Execute take-offs.
- Evaluate and identify risks in project.
- Develop a budget for projects in pursuit.
- Cost analysis of projects currently under construction or recently completed.
- Relationship building with customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Follow and maintain knowledge of industry innovation.
- Recognize and understand market trends.
- Administrative and technical management of construction projects. (asphalt, earthwork, storm sewer, maintenance of traffic).
- Writing statement of qualifications, SOQ, RFP.
- Soliciting / selection of subcontractors.
Estimator Engineer Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or similar degree.
- 2 plus years highway construction experience.
- Experience bidding ODOT (Ohio Department of Transportation), INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation), and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet projects.
Estimator Engineer Skills:
- Must have professional writing capabilities.
- Proficient with HCSS, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction.
Jurgensen Companies are the preferred supplier of asphalt, pavement, aggregate products and constructions services to public agencies and private companies throughout Oho, Kentucky and Indiana. Our goal is to provide outstanding quality, customer satisfaction and teamwork at our over 30 convenient locations throughout the tri-state.
Role: Estimating Engineer-Heavy Civil
Apply for this job now.