Internal Job Title: Sales & Marketing Team Leader. This pivotal role involves working alongside the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure the maintenance of the marketing and sales strategy for specific region/s and/or customers within North America. It includes the management of high valued sales accounts and strategically developing sales/marketing campaigns to support the development of these accounts and business strategy. This is a sales position with a rewarding base salary plus KPI bonuses.
Company Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Management, development and implementation of the strategic Sales and Marketing plans
- Customer relationship management via various strategic planning documents
- Customer retention and strengthening connections and relationships within the craft industry
- Ensure full implementation of marketing and sales strategy working with other team members
- Build a cohesive relationship with account coordinator(s) who will form part of a sales & marketing team “pod”
- Plan marketing campaigns which will strengthen and develop customer relationships
- Work with product development department on potential new growth areas within the industry and make suggestions where applicable
- Provide weekly updates and present to management the progress/performance of accounts along within any industry updates
- Notifying manager on product developments within your specified region or market is essential
- Sales budget responsibility and management for yearly and monthly targets
- Travel to various trade and consumer shows
- Visit customers as and when required – working within a specified region or market to strengthen and grow relationships
- Review and implement the account coordinator(s) KPI’s. These are reviewed twice per year to ensure the team are on track to achieve targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of domestic or global/international sales and/or marketing experience with 3+ years in a management role leading a team
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a good understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Able to travel up to 20% to customers, shows, events; and the rest of the time spent at the Corporate Office (Lake Forest, CA)
- Must keep up with developments in the Domestic craft industry and spot/anticipate trends
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to engage with business professionals at senior management level
- Must have strong sales reporting, financial and budgeting skills
- Must be organized and have excellent time management skills
- Must be highly motivated to achieve goals set and push accounts to their full potential
- Must be articulate, friendly and outgoing in order to convey a variety of ideas and concepts
- Ability to work to a very high standard whilst under pressure
- Work experience in the Arts and Crafts industry, preferred
On-site Schedule when not traveling: Monday – Friday | 7:00AM – 4:00PM
Ellison is widely recognized as a global market leader in the DIY arts and crafts marketplace, with the company designing, manufacturing and distributing the finest quality die-cutting machines and products to the creative industry. Ellison’s innovative designs empower users to cut, embellish and create extraordinary projects from a variety of materials, which can be used in the home, the classroom or for gifts and self-expression of any kind.
Since 1977, Ellison has been a hallmark product in the classroom and continues to be a trusted favorite with teachers and educators. In 2001, Ellison launched Sizzix, a global brand focused on providing inspirational products for the creative community, whether they enjoy up cycling, home décor, sewing or paper crafting. In addition to their die-cutting equipment, Sizzix also offers a wide variety of making essentials and tools which complement any creative pursuits. These include cardstock, fabric, felt, a glue gun and a paper sculpting kit. The extensive Sizzix product collections provide their community with everything needed to build their creative lifestyles.
Ellison itself is a global company with its America and Canada office located in Lake Forest, California and its European and Rest of World (ROW) office located in Wrexham, UK. Ellison also has manufacturing facilities and operations in China. The majority of Ellison’s customers are Business-to-Business (B2B) retailers and distributors who purchase, stock and resell their products to end-users. In addition, Ellison also sell Business-to-Consumer (B2C) direct to schools and consumers via their branded websites and catalogs, or at select creative trade-shows and events. Ellison’s mission is to continue to grow its market leadership position with uncompromising quality, innovative design and inspiring, award-winning products that continue to inspire the creative community.
Role: Sales Account Manager
Location: Lake Forest,
Apply for this job now.