Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to deliver Functional Skills Maths and English to a Year 11 Looked After Child who resides in a residential home in the NG3 area of Nottingham.
The student is a male student in Year 11 who has recently been excluded from mainstream education. Therefore, while the Local Authority look for a new provision for him, he requires a 1:1 tutor for betwen 3 - 5 hours per day, with possible support into a school once a place is found.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with experience teaching Functional Skills - English, Maths and Science
- Knowledgeable and experienced working with attachment disorder and behaviours associated with children residing in care environments
- Resilient and equipped to deal with verbal and physical aggression (however the residential home staff will be in the home and available to support at all times)
- Confident to work closely with residential home staff and any other professionals involved in this case
- Able to create and implement engaging, innovative lessons for a child who may be extremely disengaged
- Competent at providing weekly feedback reports to the Local Authority to monitor progress, behaviour and attendance
This is a really exciting opportunity to help a disaffected and disengaged young person, helping him to get back on track and engaged with his education.
For more information, please email #removed# or phone 0115 6700105.
This role is due to start ASAP and is likely to run until at least February half term but possibly longer, if no school place is found.