Our client is a large fabricator of steel components in North America. They are specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, and undertake about 10,000 construction projects each year in areas of buildings, structural steel and bridges.
As an Estimator, your role would be to
- Review contract documents to determine material requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Utilize BlueBeam to conduct efficient takeoffs.
- Communicate with client sales representatives, customers, and engineers to clarify discrepancies or questions in the contract documents to ensure an accurate estimate.
- Prepare scope of work along with all exclusions, clarifications and conditions.
- List all bid documents with dates used in preparation of estimate.
- Input material takeoffs into client design and pricing software, to generate a proposal for the sales representative.
- Identify opportunities for value engineering, in order to enhance the overall proposal to the customer.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues necessary to do the estimate.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school. Experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum 2 Years of Related Experience Preferred, But Not Required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering and design concepts in the structural, steel, and joist and deck industry.
- PC skills to include MS Word, Excel, G-Suite, and BlueBeam.
The Client is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled, and participates in the E-Verify program.
Powered by JazzHR