Beacon Resources seeks an ambitious Accounts Receivable Specialist on a direct hire basis for a client located in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Job – You will cover all duties within the Accounts Receivable department, including monitoring the Aged Trial Balance and negotiate with customers on payment plans. You will report to a Controller
Culture/Environment – Our client is family oriented, with encouragement for a work-life balance (little to no OT). It is a casual dress environment.
Pay – Pay rate begins at $25/hour, and increases DOE.
DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST - INTERIM
- Receive and post cash on a daily basis
- Mail invoices
- Analyze aged trial balance to determine average length of Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Determine which accounts are over sixty (60) days DSO
- Maintain database of deductions from creation to resolution
- Gather all documents to investigate customer deduction claims
- Process credits to offset deductions
- Interact with customers on status of deduction requests
- Accept any other duties as necessary
- Advise management on what invoices are over sixty (60) days DSO
- Make initial contact to determine status of payment
- Assist in devising a payment plan, if necessary
- Assist in devising a collections plan, escalating collection efforts if necessary
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST - INTERIM (REQUIRED)
- At least one (1) year of Accounts Receivable experience
- EDI experience
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST – INTERIM (PREFERRED)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Inventory experience
SKILLS OF THE DEDUCTIONS SPECIALIST - INTERIM (REQUIRED)
- Experience with a major ERP system such as AS400, Oracle, or SAP
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Superior negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service and customer relationship building skills
- Patience in dealing with difficult customers
- Excellent written and oral skills to work with fellow employees and with clients
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Superior verbal and written skills to deal with numerous clients
- Detail oriented
For further interest, please submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
Role: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Apply for this job now.