Company: UNITED VETERINARY CARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Description - Business Development Analyst
United Veterinary Care (“UVC”) is one of the fastest-growing, multi-site veterinary hospital groups in the United States. The Company is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives over time and will expand the size of its network throughout the United States.
We are currently hiring a Business Development Analyst to join our team. The Business Development Analyst will report to the Acquisitions Manager and work closely with the Chief Development Officer. The Business Development Analyst will provide in-depth analyses of acquisition targets, including diligence observations and conclusions on valuation. They will assume a support role from end-to-end (go-to-market target identification, valuation, due diligence, and integration planning to close) during the M&A transaction process, supporting a wide range of functional areas such as Operations, Human Capital, Information Technology, other Support Center functions. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Manage and support acquisition projects (pending deals) and tactical execution, focusing on pre-LOI accounting diligence, coordinating financial, insurance, and other diligence, preparing draft internal and external review and approval materials, and liaising with sellers and their representatives.
- M&A pipeline: maintain an updated list of potential M&A targets by engaging with the Business Development team.
- Develop data request lists for acquisition targets and manage the collection of requested data
- Oversee the organization's acquisition diligence activities, including preparation of diligence analyses and materials as well as coordination and monitoring of third-party diligence resources during the investment transaction life cycle.
- Maintain post-closing transaction responsibilities and ensure prompt execution of same.
- Development: develop an understanding of deal execution process, including legal terms and documents and negotiation strategy.
- Build collaborative relationships, including strong professional relationships with UVC team members and key stakeholders, based on trust, collaboration, and value-added work; maintain regular interactions with the business development and integration team(s) and keep abreast of M&A activity in the industry and best practices in M&A and integration execution.
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting or finance, Master's degree, or other advanced degree, e.g., JD, relevant masters, a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in financial due diligence, and/or M&A transaction advisory or execution.
- Strong background in accounting, specifically accounting-related issues relevant to the acquisition of small privately held businesses (cash basis vs. accrual accounting, adjustments (and verification thereof) for extraordinary expenses, etc.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial accounting and/or M&A transaction advisory or execution. Experience with acquisitions in the veterinary and/or healthcare industry and/or experience with roll-up situations is a plus.
- Strong accounting, finance skills, and expertise with Microsoft Excel. Experience building and operating financial models a plus.
- Manage and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data.
- Demonstrate proven extensive success and ability to develop collaborative relationships while providing the highest quality impact.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with team members and foster a productive teamwork environment.
- Deliver significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking, problem-solving, individual initiative Identifying and addressing acquisition management needs: build, maintain, and utilize networks of trusted collaborative relationships.
- Manage resource requirements, project workflow, and status updates effectively.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral formats to various situations and audiences.
- Facilitate working sessions of medium to large-sized groups.
United Veterinary Care (UVC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. UVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Powered by JazzHR