Hours of Work: Part-Time 2 hours per day (Monday - Friday)
About the Cleaning Operative Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the office. You will perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties.
Cleaning Operative Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for all cleaning within the building.
- To use cleaning materials as provided.
- To operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces, e.g. Vacuum cleaners.
- Vacuum cleaning hard and soft floors
- Cleaning toilets including tap fittings and surrounds etc.
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, windowsills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
- Cleaning the two kitchens and the appliances within them
- Undertake occasional wall washing or inside windowpane cleaning, washing/polishing door glass.
- Emptying & cleaning waste bins
- Watering plants
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as required
- Sanitizing regular touch points, such as handle, switches etc.
- Deep cleaning specific areas when requested to do so.
- To put into operation rotational cleaning lists that can be worked on once day to day tasks have been completed.
- Reporting defects / hazards as required
- To be responsible for ordering and maintaining cleaning equipment stock.
Cleaning Operative Requirements:
- Some knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of COSSH and the safe use of chemicals.
- Knowledge of best cleaning practises.
- Experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties within a similar role.
- Ability to prioritise work and work in an organised manner.
- Ability to manage time.
- Willing to undertake training courses that are relevant to the duties of the post or are required for Health and Safety reasons
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all business matters.
- Able to communicate clearly and follow instructions.
If you think that you are suitable for this Cleaning Operative role, please apply now!