Company: ROMAN EMPIRE LIVING SKILLS, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
No Degree $15.15- $16.00 p/hour + DOE
Bachelors Degree $16.00 - $17.00 p/hour + DOE
Masters Degree $16.00-$23.00 p/hour +DOE
Part time available / possible full time!!
Great opportunity to work with an established agency, providing much needed independent living skills and adaptive skills training for the developmentally disabled within East LA / LA area. Work part time or full time depending on your availability.
As an independent living skills or adaptive skills teacher your duties will be to teach Independent Living Skills and Adaptive Skills to adults with developmental disabilities. You will be assigned a workload that may consist of 1 to 4 clients with each client requiring 20 to 36 hours per month of assistance. You will be required for setting meeting times and ensuring that allocated independent living skills and adaptive skills hours are met monthly. You will need to fill out a daily activity log and time sheet for each day worked. This job will require you to travel to clients home. Assist with socialization skills, use of public transportation, community orientation, self-care, meal preparation, money management, vocational exploration and social/leisure exploration.
Work hours are flexible as you will be the one setting your own schedule which is ideal for college students who are working towards a degree in psychology / special education or a related field.
Qualifications for Independent Living Skills and Adaptive Skills Teacher:
- Valid CA Drivers License & Good driving record
- Reliable Auto & Valid Insurance
- Pass Criminal Background Check (No Misdemeanors or Felonies)
- Live Scan Background Check
- Cell Phone with Reliable Service (For Communication with Supervisor)
- Able to Work Independently
- Organized / Professional / Responsible
- Bilingual English/Spanish Helpful
- Regional Center Experience is a Plus
- High School Diploma / Some College / AA Degree + Preferred
Independent Living Skills / Adaptive Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 1year experience in the field of Social Services
- Bachelors degree not required, but preferred