Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are seeking a diligent, multi-tasking individual to join an internal accounting team!
This individual will handle AP and AR duties and work with the staff accountant while also running the administrative reception desk, answering phones, responding to inquiries and other tasks as assigned.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enter all vendor invoices for payment in a timely and accurate manner. Verify items/quantities received against purchase order and invoice using three-way match.
- Answer vendor inquiries and communicate vendor issues internally or to other departments as necessary.
- Prepare check runs and process checks for mailing.
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable records on a monthly basis.
- Print or provide all accounts payable reports in a timely and accurate manner and maintains all accounts payable files. Prepares and provides account analysis as required.
- Process and mail customer invoices.
- Receive, research and respond to inquiries or disputes from customers, coordinating efforts with other departments as necessary.
- Prepare adjustments to customer accounts and forward to supervisor for approval and processing.
- Identify customer accounts needing collection contact. Initiate contact with and document responses from customers.
- Coordinate collection efforts with Controller to determine ongoing actions to be taken.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork/information to forward accounts to third party collection agency.
- Maintain past due and collection reports.
- Prepare bank deposits and process customer credit card payments.
- Post cash receipts and updates cash receipt journals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Process and batch outgoing mail.
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide switchboard relief.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
If you are someone with an AP or AR background and can handle answering phones and moving between different tasks throughout the day, this is for you!
Minimum education - High School Diploma
Associates degree preferred, but not required.
Relevant experience is acceptable in place of education requirements.
At least one year in an AP or AR position required.