Position: Solutions Architect - Digital Business Delivery Group
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: New Haven, CT
The Digital Business Delivery Solutions Architect is responsible for designing business solutions and capabilities in alignment with the enterprise architecture developed by the Chief Architect that supports the organization's core business with a focus on life insurance, underwriting, claims, finance and operations. This role primarily collaborates with cross-functional teams within the Enterprise Solutions Delivery department, ensuring that outcomes comply with the Enterprise Architectural vision, quality, and security standards. The Solutions Architect is a member of a cross-functional team that collaborates with business customers to define the capabilities and solutions.
The Solutions Architect will define how those capabilities will be built, and will support timely delivery of those capabilities and solutions including participating in planning and requirements definition in collaboration with business owners and product managers to ensure that the time and effort of the Solutions Delivery teams is producing the greatest value and is in alignment with the overall strategy.
1. Designs enterprise solutions and capabilities that are scalable, adaptable, and in synchrony with the ever-changing business needs in alignment with the architecture strategy, policies, standards and procedures set by the Chief Architect.
2. Promotes shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow. Contributes to a reduction in IT complexity, enforcement of discipline and standardization of IT planning activities, consolidation of data and applications, and better interoperability of the systems. Facilitates the reuse of ideas, components, services, and proven patterns across various solutions.
3. Documents and communicates architectural requirements for solutions and capabilities.
4. Maintains architectural documentation of solutions built and supported by the cross-functional Solutions Delivery teams.
5. Collaborates closely with business customers, product management personnel, and development team members to design and deliver business solutions.
6. Collaborates with the Chief Architect and Enterprise Infrastructure Services to assess technology lifecycles and determines how individual technologies or standards will change, be versioned or transitioned out.
7. Provides metrics for key performance indicator measurement in support of the planning process, organizational objectives, and strategic vision.
8. Creates and maintains a consistent Web site architectural structure across the organization's Web applications.
9. Collaborates with Web developers in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into Web sites and other Web applications.
10. Collaborates with the User Experience (UX) team to ensure that the user is at the center of all solution design decisions.
Systems and Technical Knowledge:
1. Expertise with a broad base of digital web and mobile products, technologies, platforms, patterns, frameworks, and methodologies.
2. Experience with single sign-on systems, role-based access management systems, and PII data security best practices.
3. Expertise with typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
4. Experience developing and refining best practices for implementation and maintenance of life insurance platforms including underwriting, claims, finance, and operations is highly desirable, a plus to have.
5. Experience with User-Centered Design practices.
6. Experience user-facing web application development and measurement.
7. Experience with environments containing multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
8. Command of sound software design principles and patterns.
9. Experience working and leading projects executed using Waterfall and Agile methodologies are highly desirable, a plus to have.
10. Knowledge of ITSM standards and processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: At least 10 years of IT and business and industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations.
Certification: ITIL Foundation certificate is highly desirable, a plus to have.
- provided by Dice