Company: QUEEN CONSULTING GROUP, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Project Manager (SEMS)Location:
Jackson, MSJob Type:
1 year Job Description:
The Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002 was aimed at improving the administration of elections in the United States. Two of the goals were to establish a statewide election management system and to replace outdated voting devices.
Our client has determined that it is necessary to maintain and update the Statewide Election Management Systems (SEMS), provide user acceptance testing, update documentation and standard operating procedures, provide guidance on voting devices and related items. Additional training is required to ensure current system and device users are adequately trained. Our client has also identified the need for this consultant to update documentation, assist in the development and presentation of training materials and recommend other actions necessary to ensure continued project success. Technical Skill Set:
Business Skill Set:
- Project Management (5 years)
- Basic PC skills: Microsoft Office Suite 2003 or higher and Microsoft Project 2003 or higher (5 years)
- Basic hardware knowledge to include troubleshooting PC/workstations level and knowledge of interaction of servers, switches, routers, storage devices and firewalls (5 years)
- Experience with statewide elections management systems (SEMS) (5 years)
- Experience in global election management systems (GEMS) (3 years)
- Experience with Electronic Voting Machine Model TSX devices along with current equipment (3 years)
- Oracle databases (user experience) (3 years)
- MS SQL database (user experience) (3 years)
- Application functional and stress testing (3 years)
- Cyber security experience with voting systems (3 years)
Technical/Business Skill Set:
- Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing (5 years)
- Strong oral and written communication, customer service and time management skills (5 years)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills (5 years)
- Ability to work effectively with a team to accomplish team projects and solve technical problems (5 years)
- Knowledge of election procedures and the ability to provide recommendations regarding enhancements to the systems and processes (5 years)
- Experience developing, maintaining and updating documentation for procedures, policies and processes (5 years)
- Experience training end-users on hardware and software (5 years)
Scope of Work:
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP). Vendor must identify if the proposed individual(s) is listed in the PMI Credential Registry. If the proposed individual(s) is not listed in the PMI Credential Registry, a copy of the proposed individual(s) PMI PMP certificate must be included in the vendor' s proposal. (Documented certification; 5 years)
- Working knowledge of elections laws, regulations, processes and procedures. (5 years)
- Experience with Statewide Elections Management System (SEMS). (5 years)
- Experience with Global Elections Management System (GEMS). (5 years)
- Experience with the Electronic Voting Machine Model TSX device. (5 years)
- Established relationships with State and County officials in order to assist in the training assigned. (No minimum requirement specified)
- The proposed individual will be expected to work independently and within a team environment. The proposed individual will work within the Elections Division.
- After contract execution the proposed individual will meet with our client on their upcoming needs and provide a monthly written project plan with specific tasks outlined and hours required to completion. This project plan will be mutually accepted and agreed by our client and Vendor.
- The proposed individual must provide project management assistance as requested. This includes communication with Elections IT Staff, establishment and adherence to timelines, prioritization of issues based on knowledge of business processes and other items as directed by our client.
- The proposed individual must develop an Internal Election Process Document.
- The proposed individual must perform testing and bug reporting on the SEMS.
- The proposed individual must monitor SEMS/Department of Public Safety data imports, Department of Health imports, Administration Office of Courts imports, On-line Voter Registration imports, State Cancellation interface, and Voter ID System Interface.
- The proposed individual must provide Tier II support and troubleshooting on SEMS/GEMS.
- The proposed individual must provide technical consulting within the Elections Division.
- The proposed individual is required to review, recommend and revise documentation for updating technical, training and end user manuals.
- The proposed individual will participate in the preparation and conduct training sessions to include but not limited to:
- SEMS training;
- Global Election Management System (GEMS) training; and
- Model TSX Voting System training
- The proposed individual will be required to capture the changes to election laws, regulations, processes, and procedures since the implementation of HAVA.
- Coordinate with Elections Information Services Division staff to implement knowledge transfer for daily project activities to include tasks and timeframes.
- The proposed individual must have superior written and oral communication skills in order to assist executive staff in the preparation of presentations and correspondence. All prepared information must follow guidelines as set forth by our client.
- The proposed individual must possess a strong knowledge of business processes and current solutions in order to advise the agency on possible alternative to address business needs.
- The proposed individual may be assigned to related areas of our client as needed within the agency.