A Caregiver serves a vital function in support of seniors and people with disabilities living independently in their homes, but who need assistance with daily tasks. There is frequent person-to-person contact in this job, and a Home Care Aide becomes very important to their client.
* Follow a care plan for the client and report on completed tasks
* Assist with personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.)
* Provide routine house cleaning
* Assist with meal preparation
* Transport client to doctor's office, grocery store and other essential errands
* Assist client with the self-administration of medications (no administering or measuring)
* As part of the client's Health Care Team, a Home Care Aide must observe and report any changes in client's condition
* Promote our positive image in the community as the leading home care provider
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* High school diploma or GED or one year experience of in-home care services
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check
* Reliable transportation: if you drive a car to and from work, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required
* Nurturing and compassionate nature with the desire to care for others
* Ability to work with limited supervision
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Reliable, energetic, self-motivated and well-organized
* Familiar with and comfortable using a cell phone
Addus HomeCare is one of the nation's largest providers of personal home care and support services. We are a client-focused, innovative and forward-thinking company, and we are always looking for top talent. Great opportunities...dynamic company!
Addus was founded in 1979 as a home cleaning service focusing on serving residents in high rises in downtown Chicago. The company expanded when a small contract was acquired with the city of Chicago to provide chore services to the city's at-risk elderly population. The chore services program later expanded into the Community Care Program through the Illinois Department on Aging, and the company significantly increased its client base in Illinois under the new name, National Home Care Services.
The company's growth continued through the acquisition of additional home care contracts in other states, the opening of new branch offices, and the diversification into new service lines, including skilled home health services and adult day services. In 1996, the company changed its name to Addus HomeCare. Through a national name change nomination contest, an employee in California, who studied ancient deities as a hobby, suggested the name Addus based on the ancient Celtic deity who brought health and wellness to his people.
Addus has intensified its focus on becoming a sales and service driven organization, expanding its service integration model and establishing the company brand. Addus currently holds approximately 300 home care contracts throughout the country. The company provides health care services to over 33,000 consumers weekly from over 111 branches located in 24 states.
Addus has also continued to develop an employee-centered culture based on a commitment to practicing its established beliefs and values and the recognition that Addus employees are its greatest asset.
Role: Home Care Aide
Apply for this job now.