Education & Wellbeing Mentor
Salary: £20,892 to £23,685 pro rata per annum
SGS College have an exciting opportunity to join our Wellbeing team as an Education & Wellbeing Mentor at one of our Bristol campuses. Job description
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent and Term Time only (39 weeks per year)
Contract Start: 1st September 2021
Hours: 37 hours per week
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE's and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
SGS College have an exciting opportunity to join our Wellbeing team as an Education & Wellbeing Mentor at one of our Bristol campuses.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide 1:1 pastoral support sessions for students within specified faculties to help them overcome barriers to their learning. (1 x post will be specific to supporting learners within our Sports Academies)
- To work collaboratively to develop and implement agreed pastoral improvement and support plans in order to enhance progress, achievement and wellbeing
- To provide support for Looked After Children, Care Leavers and Young Carer cohorts
- To undertake the role of a College Safeguarding Officer and to follow processes and procedures as detailed in the College's 'Safeguarding Children, Young people and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedure'
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of working with young people aged 14 + on emotional, social, mental health and wellbeing issues
- Specialist knowledge/experience in relevant fields e.g. Mental Health, Youth work, IAG etc.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed computerised records, and produce written reports, statistics, case studies and evaluations
Why choose SGS College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th June 2021
Expected Interview Date: Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th July 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children's Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.