Are you a confident individual looking for work in secondary schools located in south Manchester including Levenshulme, Longsight, Didsbury and Trafford?
Are you already covering lessons in the local area and looking for more options of work?
Teaching Personnel work with a number of the secondary schools in south Manchester who request cover supervisors to cover lessons within their school. The role of a cover supervisor is to cover lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher ensuring that students remain on task and engaged with the work which has been set. The ideal individuals for the cover supervisor role are those who are prospective future teachers and have a vested interest in the education sector. Any experience of working within an educational setting or within a secondary school is highly desirable but by no means an essential aspect of the role.
Highlights of the cover supervisor role:
- Pay ranging between £300 - £375 per week (depending on the area, school and previous experience)
- Opportunities for fully flexible working; part time, temporary and full time roles available
- Start in January 2021 onwards through to the end of the academic year
- Gain valuable experience working in a secondary school setting supporting a future PGCE or trainee teacher application
- Networking opportunities working alongside qualified teachers
- Work in a variety of secondary schools suited towards the individual graduate including academic and more challenging schools in regards to behaviour
- Regular training and CPD opportunities with Teaching Personnel's links to National Teaching Schools
Generally speaking at the very supportive and well regarded schools which request cover supervisors, work and lesson plans are set and in place. As the cover supervisor responsible for the students you will ensure students remain on task, complete the set work and are behaving through effective behaviour management strategies in line with the school's policies.
There are many different opportunities to cover lessons including part time, temporary and full time options as a number of schools have asked for a full time cover supervisor to work with them in the new year so if you are available for only a few days per week then get in touch now for flexible opportunities.
Teaching Personnel work with a number of schools in areas such as Chorlton, Whalley Range, Levenshulme, Altrincham and areas of Trafford and Stockport. They are easily accessible using the local motorway networks of M60 and local roads in and around the area. Regular public transport also service the schools regularly for those travelling by bus or train.
The role of a cover supervisor will suit recent graduates who have some experience of engaging with young adults aged 11 - 16. This could be in a school setting, in a youth club or as a sports coach for example. If you are looking to pursue a future role in teaching, then apply now with your latest CV using the link below.