- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Triage of incoming patients for the medical providers
- Performs ancillary testing procedures done in the clinic
- Assist with chronic care management of clinic patients
- Assisting of care plans, documentation, and calling patients
- Assisting with medication refills that need to be faxed over the appropriate pharmacies or health agencies.
Houma Health Clinic D.B.A. Walker MD Medicine and Associates is an innovative company trending in the Tri-Parish area. Walker MD Medicine is an internal medicine that is vastly servicing patients in the health clinic, hospital, nursing home facilities, and home concierge service. We are a clinic that stands on our motto to care, listen, and heal!
Role: Medical Assistant
Apply for this job now.